Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Made Vineyard & Winery Management Magazine!

Earlier this week, I received my latest copy of Vineyard & Winery Management magazine. I got a free subscription to the magazine when I attended the Wineries Unlimited 2007 convention in Valley Forge, PA last March as part of the registration fee. Part of this issue was devoted to advertising the upcoming Wineries Unlimited 2008 convention, but it was full of pictures from last year's convention. Imagine my delight when I discovered that I was included in a picture! On page 47, in the bottom right hand corner is a picture of one of the seminars, and way in the back, silhouetted against the wall, you can see me completely engrossed in the speaker while seated in a classic Thinker pose. I think this was one of the presentations on making ice wine given by a microbiology professor from University of Ontario. I did find that presentation fascinating--different glucose metabolic pathways in yeast in a high sugar environment that produce acetic acid and glycol to balance the osmotic pressures.

See, I told you it was fascinating!

Salute,
a Wine Student