Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bedell First Crush 2007

I was cleaning off my desk a few days ago and came across some tasting notes that I could have sworn that I'd already written. However, a quick peruse through the archives says that I did not. I stumbled across Bedell on a 2008 spring trip to Long Island. At the time, this was about the only wine that I liked and was willing to pay their price (most everything else was really expensive). Enjoy!

Bedell 2007 First Crush
Country of origin: USA
State: New York
Appellation: North Fork of Long Island
Varietal: 82% Chardonnay, 18% Viognier
Stats: 12% ABV
Cost: $18 at the winery

Appearance:
Light straw yellow
Aroma: Notes of pineapple and green apples with a melon finish. Very light & delicate nose.

Taste: Crisp & clean citrus and melon with a slightly acidic finish. There's a vegetative earthy undertone.

Salute,
a Wine Student